Applications for the Master’s of Accountancy are submitted through the University of Tennessee’s Graduate School. However, Haslam has application requirements specific to the MAcc.
The admission decision is based on all factors that make up the total application, with consideration given to factors such as:
- Academic record
- Scores on the GMAT (unless waived), and TOEFL/IELTS for non-native English speakers
- Internships and/or work experience
- Recommendations - Two (2) are required. We prefer that at least one recommendation comes from an accounting/information management faculty member.
Prerequisite Coursework: Students with an accounting degree from an accredited baccalaureate degree program normally meet the prerequisite requirements. Students with outstanding undergraduate records in other areas may qualify by completing prerequisite course work in accounting, information management and business. All prerequisites must be completed prior to the start the MAcc program.
|Accounting 203||Introduction to Financial Accounting|
|Accounting 204||Cost Management|
|Accounting 311||Financial Reporting and Analysis|
|Accounting 411||Introduction to Auditing|
|Accounting 414||Advanced Financial Reporting|
|Accounting 431||Federal Income Taxation|
|Information Management 341||Business Process Analysis|
Additional courses may be required depending on the student’s academic background.
GMAT: Haslam undergraduate accounting majors are exempt from the GMAT requirement. This waiver also applies to students who take the prescribed accounting prerequisites above the principle level at Haslam. Please use school code 1843 to submit your official scores.
English Language Proficiency: For applicants whose native language is not English, the MAcc requires submission of a TOEFL or IELTS score. Please visit the University of Tennessee's Graduate School Admission Requirements website for more information.
Applications are accepted for fall semester only. The application deadlines are as follows:
- January 15 - The priority deadline to be considered for graduate assistantships, fellowships and scholarships
- February 1 - The deadline for international students.
- March 1 - The deadline for domestic applications.