Analytics professionals perform analyses to produce dashboards, data visualizations, predictive models and more. Our graduates can be successful in a wide range of job functions. Some examples are:
- Working as an analytics professional in areas such as consumer insights, supply chain, healthcare, finance and marketing.
- Working as an internal consultant with a wide range of diverse projects throughout the organization.
At the Haslam Business Analytics program, we care about each and every student’s success. The numbers are a testament to that, with nearly 100 percent of our students accepting job offers within six months of graduation. We achieve this by:
- Requiring a business communications class that teaches you how to land an interview and secure a job.
- Building long-term relationships to ensure that corporations come back year after year to recruit our students.
- Constantly working to build new relationships with companies that value data-driven decision making.
- Accepting students who have the technical competency to succeed in a business analytics career.
Companies that Hire Haslam MSBA Graduates
- Our students are hired by a wide range of companies, from local startups to the top 50 in Fortune 500 company rankings.
- The industries range from health insurance and health care to manufacturing, consumer products goods, brick and mortar retail and ecommerce. If a company has data, they want our students.
The median salary of MSBA graduates in 2019/2020 was $80,000.
High Base Salary: $113,000
Low Base Salary: $62,000
Several students may also receive signing bonuses. In 2019, the average value of these add-ons was $4,563.
Experience with Employers
In the final semester at Haslam, students participate in a team-based capstone project working with a business client on an existing problem. They gain hands-on experience with real-world data, which tends to have lots of grey areas and can be very messy. The project culminates with a formal presentation to the client. Other benefits include:
- Gaining exposure to different corporate cultures
- Learning and practicing soft business skills
- Learning important management and leadership lessons
The Career Management Office actively promotes MSBA talent to local and national companies resulting in full time employment opportunities for MSBA students. For more information, click here (there should be a link to this: https://haslam.utk.edu/careers/gee