Accounting and Information Management (AIM) Academy
Accounting and Information Management (AIM) Academy is a six-day summer program that introduces underrepresented high school rising juniors to the field of accounting and information management and business-related careers. During the six-day sessions, students attend workshops in accounting, finance, entrepreneurship and professional development, taught by university faculty and staff. Students will also interact with one another through team building sessions, engage in college readiness workshops and learn from professionals in the field of business through sessions with industry leaders.
- Students learn about accounting and industry best practices related to accounting principles, including personal finance, accountability in business = accounting, managing your business with accounting and introduction to financial statements
- Students participate in college readiness sessions including, ACT Prep, college classes, campus life and how to apply to college
- Students are exposed to dynamic and empowering career paths in the field of accounting
- Students engage in team-building opportunities are exposed to corporate professionals
- Students participate in a financial literacy workshop to learn the importance of being financially secure in the future and how it relates to accounting
- Students demonstrate and develop an understanding of professionalism, business etiquette and networking
We are excited to offer AIM Academy for the summer of 2024!
The program dates are July 7-12, 2024.
Application opens on December 15, 2023. The last date to apply will be March 29, 2024.
AIM Academy Application
Application Deadline is March 29, 2024
*Please note that you can not save your answers. The application must be completed in one sitting.