Business Education for Talented Students (BETS)
Business Education for Talented Students (BETS) Program is a ten-day summer program designed to introduce under-represented high school juniors to the field of business and business-related careers. During the ten-day session, students will attend workshops in accounting, finance, entrepreneurship, marketing, supply chain management, business analytics, and professional development, which will be taught by university faculty and staff. Students will also interact with one another through team building sessions, engage in college readiness workshops, and learn from professionals in the field of business through sessions with industry leaders. These activities will help the student complete a challenging team project and make an executive presentation to Haslam College of Business faculty and staff at the end of the program.
- Students learn about undergraduate business majors (accounting, economics, human resource management, management, marketing, public administration, supply chain management, business analytics, and finance).
- Students participate in a Market Place Simulation game to apply the business concepts learned to prepare and present a challenging team project.
- Students participate in college readiness sessions including, ACT Prep, college classes, campus life and how to apply to college.
- Students participate in career exploration activities to learn about career opportunities across various public and private industries.
- Students interact with diverse professionals from business and government.
- Students demonstrate and develop an understanding of professionalism, business etiquette, and networking.
We are excited to offer the BETS Program for the summer of 2022! The program dates are June 15-24, and the deadline to apply is March 31, 2022..
Students selected to participate in the BETS program receive all materials, books, and supplies covered by the office.