Supply Chain Management (SCM) Summer Program
Supply Chain Management (SCM) Summer Program is a six-day summer program designed to introduce under-represented high school rising seniors and rising juniors to the field of Supply Chain Management. During the day students will attend SCM sessions taught by university faculty. Students will also interact with one another through team building sessions, engage in college readiness workshops and learn from professionals in the field of SCM through local sight visits to leading corporations.
- Students learn about supply chain management and industry best practices, including concepts pertaining to customer demand, planning, purchasing, manufacturing and logistics
- Students understand the impact supply chain has on sustainability initiatives
- Students learn about the real-world implications of supply chain through relevant current events
- Students engage in interactive simulations that introduce them to real world SCM problems (e.g., soda game, lean six sigma simulation, lean push/pull dice game, paper airplane game)
- Students will be exposed to supply chain management in practice through visits with local corporations to tour distribution centers, manufacturing facilities and customer service hubs
- Students are exposed to dynamic and empowering career paths in supply chain
- Students demonstrate and develop an understanding of professionalism, business etiquette and networking
- Students engage in team-building opportunities and are exposed to corporate professionals
- Students participate in college readiness sessions including, ACT Prep, college classes, campus life and how to apply to college
We are excited to offer the SCM Summer Program for the summer of 2024!
The program dates are July 7-12, 2024.
Application opens on December 15, 2023. The last date to apply will be March 29, 2024.