Aerospace & Defense
Executive Education Courses
Looking for Custom Solutions?
Courses can be conducted onsite at your organization or modified to suit your organization’s needs. We offer custom solutions in aerospace and defense, global supply chain management, healthcare and strategic leadership. Contact our industry representatives for more information.
PBL: A Proven Product Support Strategy
This course can be taken in-person or online and focuses on understanding, establishing and executing a performance-based life cycle product support strategy. It is based on research sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Pratt & Whitney and Raytheon. The course is intended for corporate managers working with defense department counterparts.
Through the integration of classroom instruction and discussion, complemented by real-world examples, these are the key takeaways and capabilities we want you to have:
- Understand the “how and why” that leads to success with performance-based product support (a win-win construct) enabled by industry profit incentives and government performance improvements combined with long-term cost reduction
- Understand the government budget, funding, availability, and sustainment environment and challenges that can prompt government willingness to consider PBL
- Exploration of how PBL is a capture tool with many degrees of freedom that can lead to more profitable contracts, for both new and legacy programs
- Familiarity with the government statutory, policy, and guidance supporting and constraining the use of PBL
- Exploration of how PBL can be thought of as a contractor-managed DoD supply chain, inclusive of inventory management, maintenance and repair, transportation, reliability improvement, sustainability engineering, and technical support
- Awareness of the advantages of PBL for both the customer and supplier in comparison with traditional product support methods and strategies
- A thorough understanding of business arrangements including roles, responsibilities, relationships, statutory requirements, risk allocation, work allocation, constraints, enablers, and the associated contracting types, terms, and conditions that enable success
- Customized 1- to 5-day PBL programs for organizations, internationally
- Customized PBL workshops
- PBL executive overviews
- PBL consulting
- PBL speaking engagements at conferences
Available Industries: Aerospace & Defense
Duration & Dates
Next open enrollment offering: November 7 – 10, 2022 and March 14 – 17, 2023
Scheduled open enrollment courses last 4 days. Customized solutions last one to five days. Dates can be customized to meet the needs of your organization.
The scheduling of online courses is demand driven, so be sure to contact us if there is interest. Once there is a cohort, a course will be scheduled. Online courses last 5 days (23 hours), with three 5-hour days of classes and two 4-hour days of group work. Customized solutions can vary. Please contact us for more information.
Mobile +1 (865) 566-7199
This course is offered online, at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, or a location of your choice.
Gerry Brown, MBA, Supply Chain Visions
Jerry Cothran, MPA, senior manager in logistics engineering for Lockheed Martin (ret.) and PBL program director at Defense Acquisition University (ret.)
Stephen R. Geary, MBA, M.Eng., president, Supply Chain Visions and our faculty leader for PBL
Wesley Randall, PhD, Dean and Professor of Logistics, New College at Frisco, University of North Texas
Open Enrollment Course
$2,100 – Repeating the course
Cost of the Knoxville program includes most meals, single-room hotel lodging, on-campus transportation, materials/simulations, and professional educational credits where applicable. Preferred pricing is available for multiple attendees from the same organization and alumni of the Executive-Level MBA programs. Contact us for more information.
$1,750 – Repeating the course
Cost of the program includes a one-hour call with the instructors following the course to discuss issues specific to his or her environment. Preferred pricing is available for multiple attendees from the same organization and alumni of the Executive-Level MBA programs. Contact us for more information.