Looking for Custom Solutions?
Courses can be conducted onsite at your organization or modified to suit your organization’s needs. We offer custom solutions in aerospace and defense, global supply chain management, healthcare and strategic leadership. Contact our industry representatives for more information.
Lean for Healthcare
Winner of the 2014 Outstanding Live CME Activity Award by the Alliance for Continuing Education in the Health Professions
This award-winning workshop is an applications-oriented course designed specifically for healthcare professionals. It uses a mix of lectures, hands-on case analyses, experiential role-playing three-phased simulation, and small interactive group sessions to teach the principles of lean transformation in the hospital setting.
- Learn how to implement Lean principles.
- Understand the root causes of operational dysfunction.
- Gain new perspectives on operational improvement.
- Identify high-leverage areas for improvement.
- Identify and use the most common Lean tools for improvement.
- Understand the role of human and organizational elements in implementing and sustaining a Lean transformation.
- Earn 32 AMA PRA Category 1 credits, contact hours, or CEUs.
Available Industries: Healthcare
Duration & Dates
Please call +1 (865) 974-5001 for more information.
This course is offered at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, or a location of your choice.
Keith A. Leitner is a lecturer in the Haslam College of Business at the University of Tennessee. In his role at the Graduate and Executive Education area, Keith has created…
Charles Noon is a clinical professor of Graduate & Executive Education in the Haslam College of Business and the former head of the department of Business Analytics & Statistics at…
This course costs $4,500. Its price includes:
- Tour of award-winning hospital that sustains a Lean culture and launched many PI projects using Lean as a principle tool
- Most meals, including two dinners at local restaurants
- Five nights of single-room hotel lodging
- On-campus transportation
- All materials and simulation fees
- CME or professional education credits, where applicable
Preferred pricing is available for multiple attendees from the same organization, current students and alumni of Haslam EMBA programs. Visit our preferred pricing page for more information.