Being a Peer Mentor to First-Year Students
Students majoring in business with a GPA of at least 3.0 and a clear judicial record are eligible to be peer mentors to first-year business students. Mentors assist and advise first-year students through the first-year seminar course. Students who are selected as peer mentors will have the opportunity to apply for an expanded leadership role in working as a peer mentor with the Venture Living Learning Community.
Roles of a Peer Mentor
- Assist instructors for the fall term and serve as a role model, peer adviser and contact person for first-year students
- Work cooperatively with other peer mentors and the instructor
- Demonstrate mature, responsible decision making
- Serve as a resource on campus services and activities
- Facilitate the integration of first-year students into the university and college communities
For more information or to apply, contact Laura Trainer.
Haslam College of Business Ambassadors
Haslam College of Business Ambassadors are sophomores, juniors and seniors who serve as resources and experts regarding the undergraduate business student experience at Haslam. Ambassadors are selected each spring to serve for one academic year. Candidates must be business majors and have a clear judicial record.
Roles of an Ambassador
- Represent the college at special events and recruiting programs
- Demonstrate knowledge of campus activities and resources
- Provide tours of the Haslam Business Building
- Aid in the recruitment of prospective students
For more information or to apply, contact Tammi Brown Small.