All applicants to the EMBA for Strategic Leadership must first meet UT’s Graduate School admissions requirements.
- Minimum grade-point average of 2.7 or 3.0 during the senior year of undergraduate study. Previous graduate work (including foreign degrees) must have a grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4-point scale or equivalent. A strong record of professional or educational accomplishment may be considered an acceptable substitute if your GPA does not meet the minimum requirements.
- GMAT scores may be required. GMAT waiver can be requested if you have more than 5 years of managerial experience and an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher. GMAT scores are not required if you already have a graduate degree.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. International applicants whose native language is not English must have taken the TOEFL within the last two years.
Contact us to discuss if you qualify for any of these waivers.
Executive MBA for Strategic Leadership
- Significant professional achievement and increasing scope of responsibilities
- Five years of professional work experience (not mandatory)
- Strong academic record
- Business acumen to contribute actively to the learning process
- Professional positioning that allows the student to apply learning quickly at their organization
- Strong recommendations and robust employer support
Class size: 29
Average age: 39
Average work experience: 18 years, 13 years managerial
Average Undergraduate GPA: 3.11-4.0
Average salary: $160,678
Companies represented per class: 24
States represented per class: 13
More than 500 organizations are represented by EMBA alumni, including Rockwell Collins, Federal Express, IBM, Dover, Dell, Eastman, Alcoa, Medtronic, John Deere, Brunswick, Scripps Network, HCA, State Farm and Harrah’s.