Haslam Alumni Named to “40 Under 40”
January 10, 2017
Nine University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Haslam College of Business alumni have been named to the Greater Knoxville Business Journal’s “40 under 40: Knoxville’s Rising Stars” list for 2016. According to the journal, the list includes “city employees, entrepreneurs, scientists, doctors and agents of change,” all of whom “share a passion for making Knoxville and its surrounding areas better communities.”
“Having these alumni honored by the Knoxville Business Journal reflects on the impact of Haslam College of Business students and graduates,” said Stephen L. Mangum, dean of the college and Stokely Foundation Leadership Chair. “These alumni have chosen a path of service to their community that does not go unnoticed.”
Richard Brown, who is both an alumnus of Haslam and its senior director of development, was among the honored.
“To me, being a Volunteer means more than just being a graduate of this great university, or even a proud employee,” Brown said. “It signifies a privilege and responsibility to make a profound impact on the lives of others, as well as through our individual dedication to be our very best.”
Other Haslam alumni named to the list include:
- Maria Haun, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Commercial Bank
- Chris Wilson, director of international sales for the South Pacific region, DeRoyal Industries
- Matthew Stuart, senior manager, Pershing Yoakley & Associates
- Brent Clark, vice president, Pugh CPAs
- Matt Carr, vice president for business analytics, Regal Cinemas
- Allison Lederer, vice president and wealth advisor, Regions Private Wealth Management
- Chris Barksdale, vice president of human resources, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Carey Parker, chief operating officer, LHP Capital, LLC
Additionally, the Knoxville Business Journal ranked the college’s Professional MBA program first among Executive MBA programs in Tennessee based on current semester enrollment.