The MBA program in the Haslam College of Business at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, joined many other programs across the country this week in waiving the GMAT and GRE requirement for applicants enrolling for full time in fall 2020. The action comes in response to the COVID-19 pandemic's societal disruptions, which have created roadblocks for applicants trying to complete required standardized tests, such as testing center closures and lack of time to adequately prepare.
“While this change may not be ideal, it is the right thing to do, so that our programs are accessible and available to all applicants, including those who have faced a diverse range of hardships over the past several months,” Tom Bates, director of admissions for Haslam’s Graduate Business Programs, said. “We look forward to connecting interested students with opportunities to engage and get excited about joining a Haslam graduate program this fall.”
In addition to the MBA GMAT/ GRE waiver, the college has:
- Extended application deadlines for both international and domestic applicants across all programs
- Waived the $60 application fee (Students should contact Director of Admissions Tom Bates for a fee waiver code.)
- Encouraged all interested students to submit an application, regardless of their program of interest or GMAT/GRE testing situation; the admissions staff is working with impacted prospective applicants and adjusting application review timelines accordingly
For more details on these changes, please see the Haslam Graduate Business Programs Admissions Updates page.
In addition to the Full-Time MBA, the following graduate programs are currently enrolling for fall 2020 and are actively working with prospective students to provide flexibility and accommodation:
- Professional MBA
- Master of Accountancy
- Master of Science in Business Analytics
- MS in Management and Human Resources
- MS in Supply Chain Management Tri-Continent
- MS in Supply Chain Management Online
The Haslam College of Business offers a full range of graduate and executive education programs for traditional students and working professionals, including the full-time Haslam MBA, a weekend Professional MBA, executive MBA programs and executive education short courses. Haslam is recognized as having the No. 1 most relevant Executive MBA worldwide (Economist, 2018) and the No. 16 Best MBA learning Experience among U.S. MBA programs (Bloomberg Businessweek, 2019). For more information about Haslam’s graduate and executive programs, please see the Haslam Graduate Programs page.
CONTACT: Scott McNutt, business writer/publicist (email@example.com)