All applicants to the PEMBA must first meet UT’s Graduate School admissions requirements.
- Medical doctorate (MD or DO) from an accredited institution or foreign equivalent (MBBS, MB ChB, BM, BMed).
- A minimum grade-point average of 2.7 out of a possible 4.0, or a 3.0 during the senior year of undergraduate study. Previous graduate work (including foreign degrees) must have a grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4-point scale or equivalent. However, a strong record of professional or educational accomplishment may be considered an acceptable substitute if your GPA does not meet the minimum requirements.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. International applicants whose native language is not English must have taken the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) within the last two years. This requirement may be waived if you’ve been working primarily in English for a number of years, so please contact the program office if you have questions. For information on the TOEFL, including schedules, visit www.TOEFL.com.
GMAT scores are not required.
Physician Executive MBA
- Significant professional achievement and increasing scope of responsibilities
- Five years of work experience in healthcare
- Demonstrated leadership
- An application essay stating professional goals
Class size: 40
Average age: 45
Average work experience: 25 years
Board Certified in at Least One Specialty
Average Undergraduate GPA: 3.11-4.0
Regions represented by alumni: 50 states, North America, South American, Europe, Middle-East, Africa, Asia, Caribbean
Leadership Roles Represented:
Medical Director 18%
Program/Center Director 6%
Department/Division Head 8%
Managing Partner 3%
Vice President/COO 5%
Chief Medical Officer/VPMA 5%