Undergraduate Supply Chain Management Program
What is Supply Chain Management?
Supply chain management encompasses the planning and management of all activities involved in sourcing and procurement, conversion, and all logistics management activities. It drives coordination of processes and activities with and across marketing, sales, product design, finance, and information technology, as well as with channel partners, which can be suppliers, intermediaries, third-party service providers, and customers, with the purpose of delivering a cohesive and high-performing business model. In essence, supply chain management integrates supply and demand management within and across companies. Our internationally recognized supply chain management program is currently regarded as one of the most comprehensive and contemporary programs in the nation. The program offers a fundamental yet innovative curriculum. Students develop important skills required of supply chain management professionals to help improve organizational performance.
Career Opportunities in Supply Chain Management
Supply chain management majors are in demand in a variety of business sectors, including manufacturing, merchandising, service institutions, transportation, third-party logistics, government, and consulting.
High School Preparation
High school students should follow a college preparatory curriculum and take their high school’s recommended courses in Math, English, and Foreign Language. Appropriate electives include any business courses, as well as courses in computer software applications and written and oral communication. The Haslam College of Business further encourages all high school students to 1) explore international business issues and opportunities, 2) participate in student organizations and clubs, and 3) volunteer in their community.
How do I Major in Supply Chain Management?
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, students have multiple options in pursuing the study of supply chain management as their undergraduate major.
- Supply Chain Management Major, BS in Business Administration – Collateral Option
- Supply Chain Management Major, BS in Business Administration – Business Analytics Concentration
- Supply Chain Management Major, BS in Business Administration – Information Management Concentration
- Supply Chain Management Major, BS in Business Administration – Integrated Business and Engineering Program
- Supply Chain Management Major, BS in Business Administration – International Business Concentration
- Supply Chain Management Major, BS in Business Administration – Marketing ConcentrationSupply Chain Management Major, BS in Business Administration – Marketing Concentration