Students majoring in business with a GPA of at least 3.0 and a clear judicial record are eligible to be peer mentors to first-year business students. Mentors assist and advise first-year students through the first-year seminar course. Students who are selected as peer mentors will have the opportunity to apply for an expanded leadership role in working as a peer mentor with the Venture Living Learning Community.
Roles of a Peer Mentor
- Assist instructors for the fall term and serve as a role model, peer adviser and contact person for first-year students
- Work cooperatively with other peer mentors and the instructor
- Demonstrate mature, responsible decision making
- Serve as a resource on campus services and activities
- Facilitate the integration of first-year students into the university and college communities
For more information or to apply, contact Laura Trainer.