Analytics professionals perform analyses to produce dashboards, data visualizations, predictive models and more. Our graduates can be successful in a wide range of job functions. Some examples are:
- Working as an analytics professional in areas such as consumer insights, supply chain, healthcare, finance and marketing.
- Working as an “internal consultant” with a wide range of diverse projects throughout the organization.
At the Haslam Business Analytics program, we care about each and every student’s success. The numbers are a testament to that, with nearly 100 percent of our students having jobs prior to graduation and 100 percent having jobs within three months. We achieve this by
- Requiring a business communications class that teaches you how to land an interview and secure a job.
- Building long-term relationships to ensure that corporations come back year after year to recruit our students.
- Constantly working to build new relationships with companies that value data-driven decision making.
- Accepting students who have the technical competency to succeed in a business analytics career.
Companies that Hire Haslam MSBA Graduates
- Our students are hired by a wide range of companies, from local startups to the top 50 in Fortune 500 company rankings.
- The industries range from health insurance and health care to manufacturing, consumer products goods, brick and mortar retail and ecommerce. If a company has data, they want our students.
Many students receive signing bonuses, relocation fees or stock options.
The average salary of 2017 graduates including these add-ons was $85,462.
Experience with Employers
There are many opportunities to work directly with businesses including a mandatory summer internship.
We work with MSBA students to find an internship. Many students have summer internship offers before the end of the fall term. Some of the ways we help facilitate internships include:
- Résumé critiques to ensure you showcase your individual talents
- Mock interviews and opportunities to fine tune your elevator pitch
- Business analytics job fairs
- On-campus networking opportunities and interviews with companies that regularly hire our students
In the final semester at Haslam, students take part in a team working with a business client on an existing problem. They gain hands-on experience with real-world data that tends to have lots of grey areas and can be very messy. The project culminates with a formal presentation to the client. Other benefits include:
- Gaining exposure to different corporate cultures
- Learning and practicing soft business skills
- Learning important management and leadership lessons