The Haslam College of Business is seeking outgoing and motivated business students to serve as BUAD 100 Peer Mentors for the fall 2020 semester. As a Peer Mentor, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the academic, social, and personal development of first-year business students.
Peer Mentors build valuable leadership skills by working cooperatively with an instructor, by developing and enhancing group facilitation and communication skills, and by serving first-year students as they transition from high school to the university.
- Pursuing a major in the Haslam College of Business
- Cumulative UT GPA of at least 3.0
- Clear judicial record
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Genuine interest in serving as a role model of positive behavior and as an advocate for the interests and needs of first-year students
- The application will go live on the Haslam College of Business website on January 22.
- Application materials must be submitted by midnight on February 1.
- If selected for an interview, applicants will be notified via e-mail by February 8.
- Group interviews will take place the week of March 15 via Zoom.
Please note: Business Administration 100 is similar in content and purpose to First-Year Studies 101. As such, students interested in serving as Peer Mentors for BUAD 100 should not also be engaged in the FYS 101 Peer Mentor program.