The Haslam College of Business is seeking outgoing and motivated business students to serve as BUAD 100 Peer Mentors for the fall 2019 semester. As a Peer Mentor, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the academic, social, and personal development of first-year business students.
Peer Mentors build valuable leadership skills by working cooperatively with an instructor, by developing and enhancing group facilitation and communication skills, and by serving first-year students as they transition from high school to the university.
* Pursuing a major in the Haslam College of Business
* Cumulative UT GPA of at least 3.0
* Clear judicial record
* Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
* Genuine interest in serving as a role model of positive behavior and as an advocate for the interests and needs of first-year students
* The application will go live on the Haslam College of Business website on February 25.
* Application materials must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on March 15.
* If selected for an interview, applicants will be notified via e-mail by March 27.
* Group interviews will take place the week of April 1.
Please note: Business Administration 100 is similar in content and purpose to First-Year Studies 101. As such, students interested in serving as Peer Mentors for BUAD 100 should not also be engaged in the FYS 101 Peer Mentor program.