Support for Students
Haslam’s PEMBA staff takes care of the details so participants can focus on their work and studies.
Our staff attempts to anticipate students’ needs and are part of an intimate group. Staff services include:
- A one-stop source for personalized support throughout the program
- Step-by-step assistance with the admissions process
- Books and program material delivery to your home
- Arranging most meals and reserved blocks of lodging during residency periods
- Class registration and clear instructions regarding all paperwork
- Assistance for all graduation activities from fittings for cap and gown to welcoming family members
The PEMBA’s faculty members get to know each student on a first-name basis and often become lifelong connections which endure long past graduation. Faculty members provide their mobile and e-mail contacts, striving to respond to any question within 24 hours. In addition to teaching, faculty members:
- Serve as mentors, with each EMBA student receiving one-one-one advising on a major project for their organization
- Research additional sources and reading on topics of key interest
- Facilitate benchmarking and knowledge sharing with other companies in the UT network
- Connect students with peers or seniors leaders in the industry
Most students stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House while in residence at UT. The Four Points is a 10-minute walk through campus to the Haslam Business Building, although the program provides shuttles for door-to-door service.