All applicants to the Professional MBA must first meet UT’s Graduate School admissions requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited, four-year program
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.7
- GMAT/GRE (See below for waivable circumstances)
- TOEFL or IELTS for non-native English speakers (See below for waivable circumstances)
The GMAT/GRE and GPA requirements can be waived with five years or more of work experience. The English language test can be waived for candidates that have been conducting business primarily in English for a number of years.
Contact us to discuss if you qualify for any of these waivers.
Professional MBA Criteria
- Active full-time employment
- Significant professional achievement with increasing scope of responsibilities
- 5 years of professional work experience or more
- An academic record (combined with standardized test scores when required) that demonstrates the aptitude and commitment to complete an MBA while working
- Business acumen to contribute actively to the learning process
- Professional positioning that allows the student to apply learning quickly at their organization
- Strong recommendations and robust employer support