Job Fairs & Other Events
The University of Tennessee Center for Career Development offers several job fairs every year. These are an opportunity to meet students in one central location and are ideal for companies, government agencies and non-profit organizations.
The Haslam College of Business encourages employers to contact us and develop a joint plan for maximizing their recruiting efforts. For a full list of recruiting events, please visit the Center for Career Development events calendar.
Overall Recruiting Cycle for Undergraduate Students
- September-November: Peak full-time recruiting season with high volume of internship recruiting
- February-April: Peak internship recruiting and high volume of full-time recruiting
- May: Undergraduate graduation (Students may also graduate in December or May)
Undergraduate Recruiting Events
Fall Semester 2016
- Part-Time Job Fair
This event is held early in the fall semester shortly after school starts and is perfect for employers seeking students for part-time job opportunities.
- Supply Chain Management Job and Internship Fair
This is a niche fair for students majoring in supply chain and industrial engineering seeking full time or internship opportunities.
- Business/Retail/Government Job and Internship Fair
Spring Semester 2017
- Diversity Job Fair
This fair is designed to increase employer access to talented underrepresented students.
- Spring Job and Internship Fair
This fair is perfect for recruiting students for summer jobs, internships (which can be year round) and those seeking full time opportunities for after graduation.
- Impact Careers Week
The social impact fair is for students interested volunteer, internship and full-time opportunities in social impact and environmental sustainability.
Overall Recruiting Cycle for Graduate Students
Employers are encouraged to contact us any time throughout the year to recruit for summer internship opportunities. Please contact Whitney Biggs at 865-974-1661.
The Graduate Business Expo will be held September 21, 2017.
- September-December: Peak full-time recruiting season
- December: UT Full-Time MBA and Master in Business Analytics students graduate
- February-April: Peak summer internship recruiting season
- May: Dual-degree UT Full-Time MBA students graduate (such as JD/MBA, MBA/MS Engineering, MBA/ MS Business Analytics, MBA/MS AgEcon)
- Summer: Full-Time MBA students participate in required* internships