Supply Chain Management Internships
For Supply Chain Management (SCM) majors in the Haslam College of Business, participation in an internship or co-op before graduation is required. There are numerous opportunities, but students must seek out, apply for and obtain an internship on their own. (On a case-by-case basis, the SCM department head may grant exceptions for athletes, international students and/or in cases of hardship.)
The Haslam College of Business offers students help in seeking internships. After deciding on a major in SCM, follow these steps:
- Make an appointment with Cole Burns, student placement coordinator in Supply Chain Management, to learn about opportunities. Contact him at Burns@utk.edu OR
- Make an appointment with the Haslam career consultants, who are also well versed in internship/co-op opportunities. Contact them through Handshake.
- Register with the UT Career Center and browse opportunities.
- Schedule an appointment with Haslam’s International Programs & Study Abroad Office using GradesFirst, or visit Programs Abroad for information on international internships.
- Create an account at the CSCMP Career Center and browse opportunities.
- Create a professional resume (see the Career Services website for tips on design).
- Join the student chapters of CSCMP and NeXxus and attend their meetings. These groups create opportunities for students to meet and learn from industry leaders. For an application, please contact Joe Buckley at email@example.com (CSCMP) or Mary Long at firstname.lastname@example.org (NeXxus), or visit with a student officer.
- Attend the next Supply Chain Management Career Fair. Find out about upcoming ones at the GSCI recruitment page.
By taking these steps, you have a strong chance of finding the internship or co-op opportunity that is right for you.