TechExec Leadership Development Program
Providing high-potential technologists and entrepreneurs with new skills and knowledge to become effective business leaders.
Want to learn more?
The East Tennessee business community is recognized as a rich source of high-potential individuals with strong technical backgrounds. Many of these individuals, as they progress in their careers, are also interested in developing leadership skills, business acumen and networking opportunities, particularly alongside others who share similar backgrounds and goals. To support these emerging leaders, the University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s Anderson Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation is creating a TechExec Leadership Development cohort-based program.
The program focuses on rounding out skills that individuals with strong technical and innovation-based backgrounds can use to enhance their leadership and business knowledge. Participants have ample opportunities to network with and learn from others, especially exemplary business leaders.
- Leadership and Culture: Leadership styles and culture set the stage for how companies operate. Learn about various styles and how to build the culture you want.
- Strategic Planning and Execution: Learn about various tools, methods and cadences that lead to executing a winning strategy.
- Procurement and Vendor Relationships: Gain insight on how to find the right vendors to support your business.
- Business Development and Customer Relationships: Discover how to build and manage a winning sales team and cultivate longtime customers.
- Finance and Accounting: Gain an understanding of financial statements and other ways finance and accounting play an integral part in operating a business effectively.
- Business Law: Learn about the legal issues businesses face, how to protect your intellectual property and what the options for the structure of a business are.
- Funding Strategies: Learn about different types and methods of raising capital for new and existing businesses.
- Human Resources: Gain knowledge about how to recruit and retain the best employees, how to avoid HR pitfalls and how to manage situations when they happen.
- Leading Cross-functional and Multi-generational Teams: Leading teams is more challenging than ever. Hear ways to effectively lead and manage today’s diverse workforce.
- Industries and Trends of the Future: Discover the trends in the industries and the direction the future is moving.
Join the cohort!
Gain valuable new skills and knowledge to become an effective business leader.
Contact Larry Bodie for more information.