All applicants to the Aerospace & Defense MBA must first meet UT’s Graduate School admissions requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.7 (or 3.0 in subsequent graduate work)
- GMAT/GRE (See below for waivable circumstances)
- TOEFL or IELTS for non-native English speakers (see admissions criteria for waivable circumstances)
The GMAT/GRE and GPA requirements can be waived with appropriate work experience of 10 years or more and an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher. Foreign applicants must have taken their English language test within the last two years.
Aerospace & Defense MBA Criteria
- Evidence of significant professional achievement and increasing responsibility
- Endorsement from a supporting employer
- A strong academic record
- Evidence of business acumen
- Applicant’s ability to influence their organization
Class size: 30-35
Average age: Ranges from late 20s to late 50s, with an average age of 41.
Average experience: 17 years
Average salary: $106,000
Gender ratio: 75% men, 25% women
Companies represented by graduates:
Aerojet, BAE Systems, Boeing, Collins Aerospace, Delta, Garmin, Goodrich, Lockheed Martin, Merck, Northrop Grumman, Rolls Royce, GE Aviation, L3 Technologies, NASA, Standard Aero, United Airlines, U.S. Army, U.S. Airforce, UTC, and VolvoParticipants have academic and professional backgrounds, including engineering, research and development, manufacturing, maintenance, operations, supply chain management, contracting, budgeting, marketing, business development and human resources.