Aerospace & Defense
Looking for Custom Solutions?
Courses can be conducted onsite at your organization or modified to suit your organization’s needs. We offer custom solutions in aerospace and defense, global supply chain management, healthcare and strategic leadership. Contact our industry representatives for more information.
To meet current production challenges organizations must rapidly respond to shifting customer demand with high-quality products at low cost. This requires efficient and flexible production systems. To better prepare you for this environment, this course presents the basic principles that determine manufacturing system performance as well as how to develop and improve the processes that make up these systems. The course can be taught as an introduction/overview or tailored to deep dive into any particular topic(s).
This course consists of the following concepts, tools, and exercises:
- Industry terms, simple process, and basic calculations
- Complex processes
- Little’s law and concept exercises
- Factory physics
- Assembly line behavior
- Stonehaven Case
- Stonehaven-based exercise
- Introduction to Lean with exercise
- Introduction to JIT with exercise
- Value stream mapping (VSM)
- VSM exercises
- Introduction to quality tools (control charts)
- Other quality tools with exercise
- Introduction to Six Sigma with exercise
Duration & Dates
James Cody, Director