Management & Human Resources
Today’s managers and HR experts shape organizational culture, provide C-suite support for important decisions, and are a driving force in achieving goals. Haslam’s Master of Science in Management & Human Resources has been recently redesigned to teach our students the skills to succeed in those expanding roles. While maintaining a strong core of HR content, the curriculum has been updated to include an emphasis on analytical evaluation/decision making and leadership development. This dual focus gives graduates a distinct advantage in their careers, providing both the technical expertise to provide legal, ethical, and practical HR solutions, and the interpersonal savvy to ensure those solutions are implemented.
Haslam’s MSM&HR is designed with flexibility in mind, offering evening courses and allowing students to complete the program’s 33 credit hours at their own pace, in 1, 2 or 3 years. The program is ideally suited for ambitious students who want to move into management positions, in HR or any other field, regardless of their specific undergraduate degrees or their current level of experience.
- Admit in Fall only
- 33 credit hours, part- or full-time
- Primarily evening classes in Fall, Spring, and Summer
- Three focal areas: Personal Leadership Development, Business Skills for Managers, and Strategic Human Resource Management
- Collaborative, experiential learning environment
Who Should Apply?
- Students interested in management opportunities in any field or industry
- Students interested in a career in Human Resource Management
- Work experience is preferred – evening classes cater to working students
- All undergraduate majors are encouraged to apply – business background is not required
- UTK Graduate School application
- Resume, 3 recommendations, personal statement
- English Language Proficiency
- Application deadline: March 1 (February 1 for international students) – but applications received by May 1 may still be considered