Andrea Sordi is a clinical assistant professor with the Global Supply Chain Institute at the University of Tennessee’s Haslam College of Business.
With 20 years of experience in the fast-moving consumer goods industry (including at Danone, Kraft and Mondelez), Sordi has filled several supply chain and strategic leadership positions both in Europe and the United States. Most recently, he was head of global procurement strategy and capabilities and head of global indirect services sourcing for Mondelez Global, LLC in Chicago, IL. Additionally, he has led large organizational transformations focused on digitization and data science, process simplification, leading-edge technologies and innovation and cost leadership in indirect services.
Sordi has served on executive advisory boards for procurement software companies and has been a speaker in procurement international forums (Procurement Leaders, ProcureCon). He has also been cited and interviewed for specialized papers (SCM World) on digitalization, innovation and cost leadership, and wrote several research articles on food biotechnology.
Sordi places strong value in people, diversity, trust and authenticity; his personal purpose is “nurturing others to fulfill their potential and find their success to create a better world.”
Media & Press Releases
- How Will Supply Chains Be Impacted by Economic Uncertainty? - Supply Chain Brain
- Building Tomorrow's Supply Chain - The Purchaser
- Supply chain issues are slowing deliveries, but the real problem is all your shopping - USA Today
- Tenure Talk Series welcomes Andrea Sordi, PhD - LinkedIn
- From Option to Necessity: Firms Can Drive Value Through Sustainable Supply Chains - Hawaii News Now
- Creating a function and ecosystem that contributes to a society built on a diverse, inclusive, ethical & sustainable footing - World Procurement Congress 2021
- Running Out: Can Fast Food Favorites Beat Supply Shortages? - Forbes
- Watch: How One Fast-Food Chain Is Surviving the Pandemic - Supply Chain Brain