Andy Puckett is a professor in the Department of Finance at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s Haslam College of Business. Puckett teaches both undergraduate and graduate students in the areas of investments and FinTech. Before coming to UT, he served on the faculty at the University of Missouri for four years. His primary research interests are in the areas of institutional investing, analysts, taxes and market microstructure.
Puckett has published in the Journal of Finance, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Review of Accounting Studies, Management Science, Journal of Corporate Finance and other leading finance and accounting journals. His research has been presented at numerous national and international finance conferences, including the American Finance Association, the National Bureau of Economic Research, the Western Finance Association and the Singapore International Conference. His research has also been solicited by and presented to regulatory groups, including the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, as well as practitioner groups such as the Chicago Quantitative Alliance, the Society of Quantitative Analysts, Bank of America/Merrill Lynch, Quorum 15, Liquidnet and Goldman Sachs Equities Strategies Group.
Awards & Honors
Media & Press Releases
- Expert Opinions: 9 Best CD Rates of August 2023 - WalletHub
- Cheapest Car Insurance in Tennessee - WalletHub
- Ask the Experts - balance transfer credit cards - WalletHub
- Ask the Experts: What Can We Learn From Hedge Funds? - WalletHub
- Ask the Experts with WalletHub - WalletHub
- Concilmember Erica Gilmore Proposes Divesting From Private Prisons - Nashville Scene
- Haslam Summer Scholars Research Awards Surpass the $1M Funding Mark
- Bitcoin: Five Questions and Five Answers