Before joining the management & entrepreneurship department as a full-time lecturer, Christie Ekern was a coach for the UT full-time MBA program, working with students on the delivery of consulting engagements for local non-profits. She later expanded her work with the department to include adjunct lecturer roles for MBA and undergraduate courses.
Ekern’s professional background has focused on market development with technology-focused organizations across a variety of industries, from software to nanotechnology. As a native Michigander, Christie received a bachelor’s degree from the Eli Broad College of Business at Michigan State University, and after relocating to Knoxville with her young family, earned an MBA from UT.
Media & Press Releases
- Watch: Is American Manufacturing Due for a Resurgence? - Supply Chain Brain
- Tennessee Business Leaders Say Pandemic-Induced Recession Fading - The Chattanoogan
- Food shortages disrupt school meal plans in Anderson County - WVLT
- University of Tennessee business, engineering programs rise in 2021 US News rankings - WATE
- The Recession’s Impact on Analytics and Data Science - MIT Sloan Management Review
- 'It's absolutely unprecedented': COVID-19 empties Memphis offices as remote work begins - Memphis Commercial Appeal
- UT Alumna Earns Another Accolade As She Moves Invention Toward Market - UTK News
- Food Ordering App Wins Fall 2019 Vol Court Pitch Competition - UTK News
- UT Student Entrepreneurs Win US Chamber of Commerce Dream Big Awards - UTK News
- Student Entrepreneurs Receive Funding from Graves Business Plan Competition - UTK News