Jonathan Hasford is an associate professor of marketing in the Haslam College of Business at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. He holds a Ph.D. in marketing from the University of Kentucky, an MBA from the University of Kentucky and a B.S. in business management from the University of Louisville. His research focuses primarily on how emotions influence consumer decision making.
Hasford previously taught at the University of Nevada, Florida International University and the University of Central Florida. He has taught at the undergraduate, master’s and doctoral level in a variety of courses, including Principles of Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communications, Data Analysis, and Advertising and Persuasion. He also has served as a special topics lecturer for the professional selling program at the University of Central Florida, providing a specialized emotional intelligence training program to sales students.
He serves on the editorial review boards at the Journal of Retailing and the Journal of Business Research. He also has served as an ad-hoc reviewer for several marketing and psychology journals.
Media & Press Releases
- Haslam M.S. in Marketing Program Teaches Diverse Set of Sought-After Skills
- The Conversation: Donors Give More When Asked to Help People Get Back on Their Feet Instead of Meeting Immediate Needs – New Research - Tennessee Today
- Haslam Summer Scholars Research Awards Top $1M in Funding
- Charitable Donors are Drawn to Messages of Independence, New Study Finds
- Haslam College of Business Honors Best and Brightest at Annual Awards Reception
- Twelve Haslam Faculty Receive New Appointments
- 42 Faculty Members Receive Haslam Summer Scholars Research Awards