Michael Galbreth received his B.S. from the University of Tennessee and his Ph.D. from Vanderbilt University. Prior to returning to academia, he was a manager in the Atlanta office of KPMG Consulting. Galbreth has taught in undergraduate, MBA, and Ph.D. programs on topics including business analytics, operations management, information systems, and circular economy. Before joining UT, he spent 12 years on the faculty of the University of South Carolina, where he was a seven-time winner of the IMBA outstanding professor award. Galbreth has also taught MBA courses at Vanderbilt University, Vienna University of Economics and Business (Austria), Tecnológico de Monterrey (Mexico), and Chonnam National University (South Korea).
Galbreth is a Department Editor for Retail Operations at Decision Sciences and a Senior Editor for Sustainable Operations at Production & Operations Management. His research has appeared in Management Science, Marketing Science, MIS Quarterly, Journal of Operations Management, Production & Operations Management, Journal of Management Information Systems, Interfaces, European Journal of Operational Research, Journal of Business Logistics, Decision Sciences, and others. Galbreth’s current research activities are focused on retail operations, consumer returns, the circular economy, and the interface between marketing and operations. In 2010 he was named a Fulbright Scholar and served as the Fulbright Enders Visiting Research Chair at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. Galbreth has consulted with a wide variety of companies, with a focus on building analytical decision models and developing analytics training materials and programs.
Media & Press Releases
- UT Haslam Attains Top Spots in U.S. News Graduate Business Rankings
- Meeting Employers’ Needs in the Data Economy - AACSB Insights
- Why retailers send your like-new returns to rot in landfills - Business Insider
- Happy Global Business Analysis Day – Do You Know What Your Business Data Is Doing?
- 42 Faculty Members Receive Haslam Summer Scholars Research Awards
- Mike Galbreth, Professor and Department Head, Business Analytics & Statistics from the University of Tennessee, discusses UT's MSBA program - Business Student
- Haslam Business Analytics Forum on Artificial Intelligence Draws Amazon, IBM and Others