Neeraj Bharadwaj (Ph.D., University of Wisconsin) is Proffitt’s Professor in Marketing, Charlie and Carolyn Newcomer Faculty Research Fellow and Neel Corporate Governance Center Research Fellow at the Haslam College of Business.
Bharadwaj’s scholarly pursuits combine academic rigor with practical relevance, and his current research addresses sustainability, innovation, branding and livestream retailing. His published articles appear in such leading outlets as the Journal of Marketing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, International Journal of Research in Marketing and Journal of Product Innovation Management, among others.
He is often recognized for his research, including being named recipient of multiple Haslam Summer Scholars Program Research Awards and a Harold H. Maynard Award finalist for an article published in the Journal of Marketing. He is also an award-winning teacher, including being recognized among the Top 40 Undergraduate Business Professors by Poets & Quants in 2017, and as recipient of the Chancellor’s Excellence in Teaching Award in 2022.
He is the founding member of the Sustainability Research Network, an interdisciplinary community of scholars at the Haslam College of Business and beyond who strive to understand the business implications of firms’ environmental, social and/or governance initiatives. He also chairs the American Marketing Association Sustainable Marketing and Innovation Special Interest Group (SUSTSIG).
Previously, he served as a consultant for government clients and multinational corporations, and on the faculty at Babson College, Temple University, University of Chicago and University of Texas at Austin. Prior to earning his doctorate at the University of Wisconsin, he worked in brand management at Miller Brewing Company.
Awards & Honors
Media & Press Releases
- Additive Manufacturing Offers Sustainable Alternative to Traditional Production
- Bharadwaj and Pienta Join Neel Corporate Governance Center as Research Fellows
- 2023 MBA To Watch: Caroline Cate, University of Tennessee (Haslam) - Poets & Quants
- Haslam Summer Scholars Research Awards Top $1M in Funding
- Twelve Haslam Faculty Receive New Appointments
- 42 Faculty Members Receive Haslam Summer Scholars Research Awards
- Tennessee Athletics Deploying Comprehensive NIL Resources for Student-Athletes, Expanding Entrepreneurship Minor with Haslam College of Business - University of Tennessee Athletics
- Why livestreamers should sell their products with a poker face - not a smile - The Conversation
- Livestream Retailers: Why Hosts Should Sell with a Poker Face - American Marketing Association
- Haslam College of Business Celebrates 2018 Faculty and Staff Awards