Ryan Z. Farley joined the University of Tennessee’s faculty as a clinical assistant professor with the Finance Department within the Haslam College of Business in 2019. Farley serves as the Director of the Torch Fund program, an experiential learning program encompassing our four student managed investment portfolios. He’s received a PhD in Finance and MA in Economics from the University of Tennessee, and a BS in Computer Science from Loyola University.
Prior to pursuing graduate study, Farley spent over a decade in institutional trading. During his time in industry, he worked within product development, sales & trading, and technology management, and held FINRA Series 7, 63, and 55 licenses. His academic research leverages his professional experience in investments and market structure. His research has won best paper awards from the Financial Management Association and the VSB Mid Atlantic Research Conference.
Born in New York, Ryan lives in Knoxville with his wife and two daughters. He spends his spare time focused on family, music, fishing, and cheering on the Vols.
Media & Press Releases
- For Recent Alum Nathan Hethcox, Balance Is Key to Success
- Best Personal Loans for a 600 Credit Score - WalletHub
- Popular Stocks That Hedge Funds Are Buying - WalletHub
- MHI to Preview 2020 Annual Industry Report during MODEX Keynote Panel - Supply and Demand Chain Executive
- Everyone Wants a Piece of Beyond Meat Stock - Investor Place