Sara Hsu is a clinical associate professor of supply chain management at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s Haslam College of Business. Previously, she was an associate professor of economics at the State University of New York at New Paltz.
Hsu specializes in Chinese supply chains, fintech, economic development, informal finance and shadow banking. She has published three books: China’s Fintech Explosion, one of the only English-language books on Chinese fintech; Informal Finance in China: American and Chinese Perspectives; and one of the only Chinese-language books on Chinese shadow banking. She has also published several articles and books on sustainable development, financial crises and trade.
Hsu earned her doctorate from the University of Utah, MBA from UT and a bachelor’s from Wellesley College.
Media & Press Releases
- High School Students Thrive at Inaugural SCM Summer Camp
- Supply Chain Summer Camp Helps Create Pathways to Success for High School Students
- UT Haslam Professor Analyzes How High Tech Factors into US-China Relations
- Carter Center Report Examines the Dangers of Tech Development in U.S.-China Relations - Carter Center
- Haslam College of Business Welcomes 30 New Faculty Members