Shay Scott is a professor of practice in the Department of Supply Chain Management. In addition to teaching in UT’s undergraduate, graduate and executive education programs, he was previously the executive director of the Global Supply Chain Institute and faculty director for the Executive MBA for Global Supply Chain, MS SCM Online and MS SCM TriCon programs.
Before joining UT, he led the Americas International Logistics organization at Dell, where he was responsible for Dell’s outbound supply chain from the U.S. to points worldwide. While at Dell, he also held other positions of increasing responsibility, including leadership positions on key projects that helped pioneer and refine Dell’s renowned supply chain. Scott has a US patent for innovative logistics processes.
Scott holds a doctorate, an MBA, a Master of Science in Industrial & Systems Engineering and a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering. His research focuses on international business, supply chain management and the future of management education. He and Ted Stank are authors of Leveraging Supply Chain Management to Drive Organizational Success. Scott has written on critical issues in the field, such as talent development and digitalization, consulted with firms across various industries, and he maintains deep connections with the supply chain industry. He has studied, worked and traveled in 55+ countries on six continents.
Since 2014, Scott has also been a visiting faculty member at the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU Wien).
Media & Press Releases
- As University of Tennessee strives to connect with online students, some rankings rise - Knoxville News Sentinel
- Meet the Future "Mechanics of the World" at the University of Tennessee Global Supply Chain Institute - Supply Chain Now
- The Rainmakers - DC Velocity
- Supply Chain Leaders Move to the C-Suite - Dallas Business Journal
- Building Tomorrow's Supply Chain - The Purchaser
- University students flock to supply chain majors - Marketplace
- Companies are re-evaluating their approach to supply chain management - Smart Business Magazine
- Worried about supply chain issues this holiday season? Here's what Nashville shoppers need to know - Tennessean
- Kennedy: Two-day delivery becomes eight - The Daily Gazette Co.
- Farm-to-Consumer Businesses Boom as COVID-19 Crisis Cripples Meat Industry - Nashville Tennessean