Tracie Woidtke, Ph.D., is the Department Head and David E. Sharp/Home Federal Bank of Tennessee Professor in the Department of Finance, Haslam College of Business, at the University of Tennessee. Dr. Woidtke’s primary teaching interests are in corporate finance and corporate governance. She has taught undergraduate, MBA, Executive MBA and Ph.D. courses. Her research focuses on issues related to corporate governance and public policy and has been published in leading journals, including the Journal of Financial Economics, the Journal of Accounting and Economics, the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, the Journal of Financial Intermediation, the Journal of Banking and Finance and the Journal of Corporate Finance. Dr. Woidtke’s research has been presented at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and referenced in numerous reports and articles on corporate governance, and she has been invited to speak at the Proxy Monitor Conference, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and Special Sessions on Corporate Governance at the Financial Management Association Meetings in Chicago and New York. Prior to joining the University of Tennessee, Dr. Woidtke served on the faculty of Texas A&M University.
Dr. Woidtke serves on the Board of Trustees, Governance Committee and Grounds and Facilities Committee at Christian Academy of Knoxville. She has also served on stewardship committees for churches both in Tennessee and in Texas, and has served in Nicaragua, Belize and Quebec through Partners in Christ, the Praying Pelican Ministries and Christian Academy of Knoxville.
Awards & Honors
Media & Press Releases
- Haslam Team Wins National Real Estate Case Competition
- Do Individual Directors Matter? - Columbia Law School Blue Sky Blog
- 20 Faculty Members Receive Haslam Summer Scholars Research Grants
- Laura Starks, Distinguished Professor of Finance, Presents Hedge Fund Research
- Building a Dynamic Framework for Offering Reform - Harvard Law School Forum
- Social Issue Investing Does Not Increase Value According to UT Study
- Woidtke Named New Head of Finance