Amy Cathey is the associate dean for graduate and executive education in the Haslam College of Business at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. In this role, she provides leadership for the college’s growing portfolio of master’s programs, including MBA and executive MBA programs, specialty master’s programs and non-degree executive education programs. As a distinguished lecturer, Cathey teaches marketing in the Executive MBA for Strategic Leadership, Executive MBA for Healthcare Leadership and the Physician Executive MBA programs. She has served as an advisor for over 80 executive MBA organizational action projects and is the recipient of several outstanding teaching awards.
Cathey previously served as executive director of business development, executive director of graduate business programs, executive director of the full-time MBA program, director of the executive MBA program and executive director for executive education programs. In addition, she has taught undergraduate courses, full-time MBA courses, executive MBA courses and non-degree executive education programs. She has led and taught in MBA and executive MBA global business seminars on four continents. Prior to joining the college faculty, she was a consultant to companies in the consumer-packaged goods, consumer durables, logistics, manufacturing, financial services, technology, healthcare, business services, non-profit foundation and higher education industries.
Media & Press Releases
- 2024 Haslam Inclusion and Engagement Summit Focuses on Inclusive Leadership
- Recent Haslam Alumni Share Insights on Executive MBA Experience
- Haslam’s Online Graduate Business Programs Ranked in Top 15
- Networking Pays Off in Haslam Executive MBA – Global Supply Chain
- UT Haslam’s Executive MBA Achieves Major International Ranking
- UT Haslam’s Executive MBA Earns Top 10 in Major Ranking
- Haslam Graduate Programs Draw Largest-Ever Enrollment
- UT Haslam Launches Master's Degree Program in Business Cybersecurity
- Haslam College of Business Honors Best and Brightest at Annual Awards Reception
- UT Haslam Attains Top Spots in US News Graduate Business Rankings