Michael H. Burnette is a Global Supply Chain Institute fellow at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Burnette came to UT after a 33-year career as a supply chain executive at Procter and Gamble. Most recently, he was the P&G Global Supply Chain leader for Skin Care ($2 billion+ Olay brand) and P&G Global Supply Chain Leader for Hair Care ($4 billion Pantene and Herbal Essence brands). His supply chain leadership and expertise include supply strategy/design, manufacturing, logistics, innovation, PLCM, acquisitions and human resources.
Burnette teaches supply chain courses and manages multiple GSCI projects, including coordinating and publishing white papers based on research conducted between UT faculty and industry leaders. He is a consultant, speaker and co-author of the book Supply Chain Game Changers.
Media & Press Releases
- Panel: Winning Supply Chain Transformational Leadership Practices - EP Thought Leaders Series
- CSCMP Edge, Winning Supply Chain Leadership Best Practices - CSCMP Edge
- UT study reveals top supply chain leadership practices - DC Velocity
- Amid hiring troubles, FedEx looks at increased use of robots. What will it mean for people? - Commercial Appeal
- End-to-End Cyber Risk Management and Investment: Part Four - Supply Chain Management Review
- Leveraging Supply Chain Tools to Develop a Cyber Risk Culture and Strategy: Part III - Supply Chain Management Review
- Managing Cyber Risks In Global Supply Chains: Part II - Supply Chain Management Review
- Maine Pointe in Forbes podcast with Colgate-Palmolive and Global Supply Chain Institute - Consulting.us
- Managing Cyber Risks In Global Supply Chains: The Four Fundamentals - Supply Chain Management Review
- Is Your Current Supply Chain Culture Capable of Delivering in 2025? - Supply Chain Management Review