Physician Leadership Symposium
“Leading Health Care Organizations – the Third Decade”
April 24-25, 2020
Held every April, the Physician Leadership Symposium provides opportunities for physicians to network with colleagues from all graduated PEMBA classes, current PEMBA students and faculty members. The event's focus changes each year based on latest research, and the college sponsors the symposium as a service to its PEMBA alumni and students, without charge, as part of our lifetime of learning promise.
Participants have opportunities to network with other physician leaders, build knowledge, meet with industry-leading employers and recruiters, and gain insight into ways of succeeding in the broader healthcare industry.
Registration is complimentary and includes session materials, breakfast and lunch, a shuttle, CEU’s and proceedings.
Leadership of health care organizations in the third decade of the 21st century will be the key to success of the health care industry as the business model changes and health care practices evolve. The conference will include topics that impact the physician leader’s role in the new health care environment.
Topics of Interest
- Dealing with diversity – customers and staff – approaches that work
- Technology and health care – impact of new technology on health system costs and operations
- Analytics as the driver for decision support – clinical and administrative integration
- Power and perils of technology – electronic records and beyond
- Artificial intelligence and the physician leader
- Payment systems – managing with scarcer resources
- Continuum of care – integrating care at every site
- The role of entrepreneurism in health care
- International models of care
- The role of marketing in care management
- Systematic innovation as a source of performance improvement
- Physician leader career management
Call for Papers!
It is our pleasure to invite you to submit an abstract for the 2020 Physician Leadership Symposium.
|Submission Deadline||July 31, 2019|
|Decisions Announced||September 30, 2019|
|Deadline for Final Presentation/Paper||December 31, 2019|
Donald Lighter, MD, MBA, FAAP | Symposium Director
Kate Atchley, PhD | Executive Director, Graduate and Executive Education
Please contact Tom Brown at email@example.com or (865) 974-1772.