The Haslam Young Alumni Board (HYAB) Board seeks to link alumni to students, foster a culture of giving, support the college’s goal of excellence in education and foster the engagement of Haslam’s young alumni community. It involves alumni who are 35 years old or younger to promote and support alumni programming and establish a shared sense of community among graduates of the Haslam College of Business. The HYAB meets twice per year: on Fridays in the spring and fall.
Board Member Responsibilities
- Serve a two-year term.
- Attend two board meetings on campus (Friday all day meeting) – one in the fall and one in the spring.
- Make an annual donation of at minimum $250 annually (members are able to break this into monthly installments) to the College Fund.
- Participate in the mentor program with Haslam students.
- Serve as an ambassador, advisor, and advocate for the college.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from the college faculty, staff, and students.
- Represent and be a contact for the college, university, and other alumni groups in your area.
- Spread positive news about the college and university.
Young Alumni Board Members
To view our current young alumni board members, use the link below.